Health by Choice not by Chance
Taking OWNERSHIP of your WELL-BEING Series.
6th letter S for OWNERSHIP
Dr. Gary Lindner, President and founder of Self Care Awakening. Dr. Lindner received his Doctorate in Physiology from Clemson University. Since 1998, Dr. Gary is dedicated to helping people become aware of and make choices for a Healthier Life. Dr. Lindner talked on the latest Japaneses Sleep Technology
Restful Sleep is So Sweet Scientists don’t yet understand exactly why we need sleep so badly. They believe it restores us physically and helps us organize things in our brain.1 We do know, however, that we can’t live an Active Wellness lifestyle without it. We cannot force ourselves to fall asleep, just as we can’t force ourselves to digest food more quickly or to eat as much as we want without gaining weight. In other words, we can’t control our sleep patterns; however, we can create the right conditions for sleep, both mentally and physically. That is, we can create good sleep habits for a pleasant sleep experience.
• Restful sleep is one of the main components of maintaining good health. Since we spend approximately one third of our lives sleeping, it’s important to make your bed as comfortable as possible. Our Wellness Home Sleep Packs are the solution.
• Combines magnetic, reflective fibers and tourmaline technologies
• Highest quality materials with superior construction
• Temperature regulating materials
• No chemicals, pesticides, insecticides or fertilizers used
• Twin, full, queen and king sizes fit virtually all beds
Books and Videos
Why We Sleep By Matthew Walker PhD
Matthew Paul Walker is an English scientist and professor of neuroscience and psychology at the University of California, Berkeley. He is a public intellectual focused on the subject of sleep. As an academic, Walker has focused on the impact of sleep on human health.
How To Improve Your Sleep | Matthew Walker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRp5AC9W_F8
Dr. William C. Dement
Oct 4, 2011 Dr. Meir Kryger and Dr. William Dement discuss their sleep medicine books. Drs. Meir Kryger and William Dement sit down with Elsevier to discuss their most recent sleep medicine publications, “Kryger’s Sleep Medicine Review,” “Atlas of Clinical Sleep Medicine,” and “Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine, 5th Edition.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=him4q2msQKs
Quote: Health sleep has been empirically proven to be the single most determinant in predicting longevity. More important than diet, exercise or heredity