Can the Bowen Technique help me?
The original Bowen Technique is extremely gentle and is considered appropriate for anyone from pregnant women to newborn babies, the frail and the elderly. It can assist recovery from many conditions, from traumatic injury to chronic illness, depending upon each individual’s capacity to heal. No adverse side effects have been reported. The technique should be considered for:
- Back pain and sciatica
- Sports and accident injuries
- Digestive and bowel problems including IBS
- Neck/shoulder problems inc. frozen shoulder
- Ear-ache, ear infections and migraines
- Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome
- Respiratory problems and hay fever
- Knee, ankle and foot problems
- RSI, carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow
- Menstrual and hormonal irregularities
What it is and how does it work?
Bowteck, the original Bowen Technique, is a gentle form of the body work in which very subtle moves preformed over the muscles and connective tissue send messages deep into the body, retrieving memory of a preferred, relaxed, balanced way of wellbeing.
Results can be remarkable, even from the first session; often only a few sessions are needed to correct the presenting problem. There are frequent but very essential pauses throughout the session that allows the body time to respond and begin the healing process.
The Bowen Technique does not use forceful manipulation. The technique addresses not only the musculo-skeletal framework, but also the fascia, nerves and internal organs. The body’s integrated response improves circulation and lymphatic drainage and aids in the assimilation of nutrients and elimination of toxins.